Thursday, January 20, 2011

~ Akeelah and the Bee ~

I feel good. The movie makes me feel good. The resolution of the plot was a little different from the one that I have illustrated in my mind. Akeelah and Dylan winning together colours the unlimited happiness of sharing one's victory. Sharing is better than celebrating one's victory solely. It is one the ways to dilute happiness to the society. This movie emphasizes on spelling, reminding me the importance of mastering words.

As a third year student of B.Ed TESL, I think I should organize this kind of an activity in the school that I will be teaching soon. I believe that it will motivate my students to read more in order to know more words. The movie portrays the perseverance of Akeelah and her coach Dr.Joshua to give out the best performance. They both practised day and night to win the competition and they made it at the end. It takes me back to my Form 5, when I was about to take part in the District level Debate Competition. I would be having practice everyday in the afternoon with my team member and my teacher, Ms.Yeoh. We were a very new team but somehow we managed to the 2nd runner up. I would really like to thank my teacher for she was there with us through the thick and thin. Greatest luck comes with greatest hardship. This is my fundamental principle and it is proven in this movie. When you work hard and pour sincere effort into anything that you venture, you will succeed because you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment